Alternative Residential Container House on the Outskirt City
Apart from being a residential design trend today, container houses are also said to be the most economical home concept in the future. Enough with container cargo, you can already create a dwelling that is quite comfortable but can still look aesthetically pleasing.
In addition, container houses can be a solution to the increasing demand for comfortable properties at affordable prices. Entering the category of semi-permanent buildings. Container houses are dwellings made of container materials used to transport goods.
Having a strong character, resistant to hot and cold weather, and being easily applied to the shape of a house is the reason containers are used as an alternative material in the manufacture of this container house.
So, to find out more, see an explanation of the history, advantages, disadvantages, and recommendations for container houses.
History of Container Houses
The idea of making residential container houses has existed since the 1980s, then began to be developed by an architect from California named Peter DeMaria. Starting from his interest in a large number of unused used containers, this smart architect then explored the steel cargo as a livable dwelling.
As we know, these containers have a minimum weight of 24,000 to 30,480 kg. To build a house with a certain area, Peter DeMaria uses more than one container and combines it with other materials such as galvalume, wood, and glass. This design was successfully accepted by the community so the demand for the manufacture of container houses continues to increase.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Container Houses
Being a solution to the high cost of building permanent houses. Container houses have several advantages and disadvantages, including the following!
Advantages of container houses
- In making a container house does not require a long time. From assembly to interior design it only takes about 2 -4 weeks.
- Made of steel, container houses are fairly resistant to natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and fires.
- When compared to permanent buildings, container houses are fairly cheap and fairly easy to maintain.
- Derived from used containers, having a container house can be said to participate in environmental preservation. Besides that, because the building is semi-permanent it is very easy to dismantle if you want to move it to another location.
Disadvantages of container houses
- Because it is made of steel, container houses very easy to conduct solar heat. It is recommended to place the container house in a cool environment so that it remains comfortable to live in both day and night.
- Used containers can only be shipped using special trucks, so care must be taken at the construction site.
- Even though the installation method is easy, container houses must be assembled by experts or experienced ones. This is because container houses are designed and have different installation methods from houses in general.
Container House Design Recommendations
Here are some recommendations for attractive and unique container house designs:
Minimalist modern container house design
Container houses with a modern minimalist design are unique in their small size but not insulated. Consisting of two combined containers, the house has a bedroom, living room, and kitchen in one row.
Liked by many young people, container houses with a modern minimalist design use lots of bright colors such as yellow, red, and orange to create a cheerful and lively impression.
Mixed wood container house design
In contrast to the minimalist design, container houses combined with wood usually have a larger size and are in the shape of the letter L. Wood accents are usually used on floors, windows, and roofs.
Besides being able to add to the aesthetics of the container house. The use of wood has another function, namely as a damper for hot air temperatures. This design is perfect for container homes built in hot locations such as beaches or suburbs.
Multilevel container house design
For those of you who want a container house built in a densely populated environment, you can apply a multilevel container house design. This design is a solution for small families who want a container house that has more than one room.
To be even more sturdy and aesthetic, multilevel container houses can be combined with brick walls, galvalume roof trusses, and glass windows. Make sure to make enough ventilation and windows so that air circulation in the house is maintained.…